New Year, New Rules
Labor Law Compliance Update
It’s a new year and already there is a flurry of changes to State Labor Law posters.
Currently, nearly half of the states in the U.S. are changing their posters and more changes are happening every week. As an employer, it’s essential that your company’s Labor Law Posters are kept up-to-date.
DrawingBoard® Printing offers the most current Labor Law Postings from ComplyRight® that include:
- Federal Posters available in English, Bilingual, and Spanish
- Convenient Federal and State Labor Law Posting Kits
- All postings: EEOC, FLSA, OSHA, FMLA, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, USERRA notification
- Every ComplyRight poster is approved by labor law attorneys to ensure full compliance
- State Posters include all mandatory state postings
- All Posters are laminated
Avoid Penalties and Keep Your Employees Informed
Businesses that fail to comply with these mandatory labor law postings may be subject to penalties, including citations, monetary penalties, and civil lawsuits. DrawingBoard is here to help your business with Labor Law compliance. Our customer service support team can advise you on the latest updates and changes. As always, all of our products include a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Click HERE to see if your state has had a recent Labor Law Posting Change.
DrawingBoard® Printing. The Products You Need. The Service You Rely On. The Satisfaction You Expect.
Leave a comment
New Year's Resolutions for Your Business
It’s that time of year again when 40+% of the population makes a New Year’s resolution:
- Lose weight and get fit
- Quit smoking
- Eat healthier
- Get out of debt and save money
- Learn something new
- Be less stressed
- Drink less
And the list goes on. Sadly, statistics indicate that 92% of us forget or break our resolutions. But the concept of setting resolutions is really about setting goals, which is something that businesses know all about.
Regardless of the size of your business, you most certainly have to have goals. If you haven’t done so already, this is a good time to look at where you are at and where you want to be by the end of 2015 -- and make that your goal. But don’t just write it down or put it in a report. Resolve to do it!
Here are a few suggestions to get you thinking about the direction you want to take your business in 2015:
- Increase efficiencies through improved technology
- Reduce your company’s energy consumption
- Improve employee retention
- Create an employee appreciation program
- Build your company’s name recognition within the community
- Grow web traffic to your company’s site by 50%
So what are your business resolutions (goals) going to be this year? Please share your ideas!
Leave a comment
'Tis the Season to Send Holiday Greetings
The countdown to the holidays has begun! Be sure to take time this year to send special holiday greeting cards to those who have supported your business.
Simplify the process with our five simple tips:
- Make a list and check it twice! Be sure to include your customers, vendors, business associates, and employees. It’s important also to verify that you have the correct names and addresses. This process will help you identify how many cards you will need. Don’t forget to order extras for last minute additions to your list.
- Use care when choosing the right card. The goal is to select a card that represents your business’ brand. When it comes to greeting cards, quality really does matter, so choose a card that reflects value and worth. Other important factors include being conscious of your customers’ religious affiliations. Options include: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukah, Season’s Greetings, New Years, Holiday Calendar Cards, and more.
- Include a special holiday message or greeting inside the card. Choose a standard verse or write your own message. Take the time to find the right words to express you value their business throughout the year.
- Make it personal. Have your company name and logo preprinted inside the card and on the outer envelope. This helps to build up your brand. But don’t stop there. Take the time to sign your name and add a brief handwritten message.
- Hand-address the envelope. Avoid the temptation to print out computer generated mailing labels. The goal is to show that you care enough to take the time and send a very personal holiday greeting – not a mass mailing.
DrawingBoard Printing can help you create the perfect holiday greeting cards for your business. Visit our holiday site – click here -- and check out our wide selection of high-quality holiday greeting cards, calendars, address labels, party accessories, and more.
Whatever your business and budget, we can help you connect with your customers this holiday season!
Leave a comment
The answers you need are right at your fingertips – literally. All you have to do is Chat.
You may recall the slogan used by the Yellow Pages – Let your Fingers Do the Walking. Our Live Chat feature allows you to let your fingers do the “talking”.
Like our phone lines, Live Chat is available Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm (EST). All you have to do is click the Live Chat link anywhere on our website and one of our awesome customer service specialists is there to help.
We can help you with finding products, placing online orders, locating order history information, or tracking an order. We can help you with a forgotten password, locating your customer number, getting product pricing, or paying an invoice. It really is that easy.
Our Live Chat feature combines the best of phone and email communication and provides instant feedback. If you haven’t used our Live Chat feature, give it a try. It really is that easy.
So Let’s Chat! We are here for you. Our customer service specialists are committed to making sure that you receive complete, 100% satisfaction.
Need assistance – let us know – simply click on Live Chat or call us at 1-800-527-9530.
Leave a comment
Four Things to Know About the New DrawingBoard.com
Tip #1 – It’s Easy to Find Your Way Around.
Start shopping. If you know exactly what item you want, use the search box found in the navigation bar at the top of the page. Key in the item number or a keyword and hit “Go”. If you are looking for an item with specific criteria – such as a business envelope – use the navigation bar, click on envelopes, drop down to business envelopes, and use the Refine Your Results tool. Select from options such as size, color, type of seal, window, tint, etc. to narrow down your choices. Still need help? Feel free to Contact Us.
Tip #2 – Help is Always at Your Fingertips.
We provide you with guidance every step of the way – from our Help & FAQs – to our Quick Info buttons, our Help feature, and our LIVE CHAT. These tools give you simple, straight forward explanations to make ordering business cards, forms, labels, envelopes, and stationery as easy as possible.
Tip #3 – What You See is What You Get.
Our Personalization Studio allows you to see a preview of your imprint on the product you are ordering. Keep in mind that this preview is approximate – your final printed product may vary slightly because colors can look different depending on your computer resolution and color settings.
Tip #4 – Get Social and Save.
Sign up for special email offers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. You’re already reading our blog! You don’t have to be technology minded to be a part of our social media community. By plugging into our social network, you can stay informed about what’s happening at DrawingBoard, take advantage of free articles to help your business, and get a peek behind the scenes regarding new products, services and more.
Leave a comment
Advertising your business doesn't require big bucks.
Have something to SHOUT about? Here’s an inexpensive marketing idea that is right under your nose – literally.
Door hangers are portable, mini billboards that you can customize with your message and place at the locations of your choice. Their uses are literally limitless so get creative and see how you can use them to build up your customer base.
They are perfect for …
- Announcing a grand opening
- Driving traffic into your store
- Advertising a special event
- Canvassing for a political candidate
- Promoting a sale
- Leaving a service reminder
- Inviting people to a church service or event
- Promoting a school function
Give door hangers a try for your business … we have a selection of high exposure door hanger designs that you can personalize with your message or you can create your own. It’s easy, it’s inexpensive, and it’s fast. For more information, call DrawingBoard today at 1-800-527-9530 or try our LIVE CHAT.
Leave a comment
Are You Sitting in the Catbird Seat?
As a small business owner, you are in a unique position to leverage your business’ strengths and stand out from the competition. If you want to be sitting in the “catbird seat”, you need to capitalize on the things you can control …
- Put quality first. Constantly look for ways to make your product or service offerings even better. Ask your customers how you can improve. Make sure that you always put your product/service first.
- Offer second to none customer service. Everything you do should emphasize the importance of the customer. No matter how the world around you is changing, remember that your business exists because of your customers. Understand their needs, deliver superior products/services, and encourage a culture of integrity.
- Constantly ask “How am I doing?”. Your customers can be your best advertisement or your worst nightmare. They will either praise you or pan you. Be receptive. Truly listen to what your customers have to say. And act on their suggestions.
What is your business doing to take your place in the “catbird seat”? We’d love to hear from you! Please share your successes.
Have a question? Give us a call at 1-800-527-9530 or contact us on Live Chat.
Leave a comment
Circling Back ...
How often do you touch base with your customers during the course of the year?
What are you doing to make sure that your customers remember you?
If you think customer loyalty is a given, guess again. It’s not your customer’s job to remember you … it’s your duty to make sure they don’t have a chance to forget you.
Reconnect via Email – Content. Content. Content.
Emails don’t have to always be special offers or salesy to be effective. The goal rather is to use email to engage your customers with interesting and newsworthy information such as a new product or service, a company announcement, an article of interest, or a special promotion or offer.
Use Direct Mail – Zero in on their mailbox.
Deliver your message right to your customers’ mailboxes. Send out a personalized letter, a postcard, a package with a token of appreciation, or a greeting card wishing them a happy birthday, holiday greetings, or simply saying thank you.
Pick Up the Phone – Old school still rules.
The telephone is one of the most important forms of customer retention. Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and engage your customers in conversation. It’s a personal touch and it shows that they are important enough for you to take the time to call and say hello.
Pay Them a Visit – But don’t make it a sales call.
Stopping by to say hello can go a long, long way. The perceived value of a friendly visit to see how they are doing and how business is going is a powerful way to reconnect. It shows you care. It demonstrates that they are important to you. And it’s unexpected.
It’s much more cost effective to keep an existing customer than it is to find a new one. The key to customer retention lies in communication.
Now is the time to circle back and reconnect …
Leave a comment
Web Site Errors or Problems?
“The Road to Success is Always Under Construction...” so says Lily Tomlin, an American Actress and Comedienne. The new DrawingBoard.com website is no exception.
If you should experience a problem, road block, or detour when using the DrawingBoard.com web site, please let us know via email.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ALL of the following information:
- The URL of the web page that is causing the problem (please copy this from the browser)
- The browser you are using (for example: Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
- The version of the browser you are using.
- The nature of the problem you are experiencing and the frequency of this problem – is it happening a lot or just periodically.
If the problem you are experiencing is causing you issues with ordering, we can help.
Give us a call at 800-527-9530 or use the LIVE CHAT.
We’re dedicated to your success!
Leave a comment
The Good News and the Not-So-Good News
So, there’s lots of good news to share about the new DrawingBoard.com website … and some not-so-good news (that’s truthfully really not that bad).
First the not-so-good news …
Your online access to past orders may be limited from your view. If you are unable to find a past order, chances are it was placed using the old DrawingBoard.com website. We realize that it’s a nuisance, but it’s a temporary situation that you can resolve quickly and painlessly – and we can help! Even though you can’t access your complete order history, we can. So, if you are unable to find an order, or if you have questions regarding a past order, please click on Online Chat or call customer service at 1-800-527-9530 – we are happy to assist you!
Now for the good news …
Reordering from DrawingBoard.com is now easier than ever. Simply set up an online account – all you need is an email address and a password – and you are ready to go. All orders placed on the new site will be visible in your order history moving forward. And it’s set up to make reordering really quick and painless. We promise!
So bear with us through these initial growing pains. And rest assured that DrawingBoard’s customer service team is here to help you every step of the way.